Areas of Practice
Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Former Federal prosecutor and civil litigator at the United States Department of Justice.
- Experienced in civil litigation and criminal matters of the full range of complexity, from one action or charge to multi-party civil litigation and extensive criminal investigations.
- Extremely effective at all stages of civil litigation and criminal proceedings, from investigations and complaints, to discovery, trial and appeal.
- Have appeared in Massachusetts state courts, including district, superior, housing, and probate court, the Supreme Judicial Court, and Federal district court.
- Demonstrated results, including top awards while at the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Trained civil and criminal litigators at the outstanding Department of Justice training center.
- Big firm quality for a solo practitioner price.
Marketing and Advertising Law
- Ten years of experience working with and bringing cases on behalf of Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Substantial expertise in Federal and state laws governing marketing, advertising, consumer protection and business practices
- Ability to represent clients enmeshed in regulatory proceedings, subject to government oversight, and in maintaining compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations
- Responsible for largest-ever civil penalty recoveries for FTC
- Maintain relationships with key FTC officials
- Represent on-line educator in ongoing advertising compliance
Health Care Law
- Extensive background in regulatory matters, government enforcement activities, civil litigation, and professional discipline.
- Substantial expertise in health care statutes and regulations, including Medicare and Medicaid, Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, anti-kickback and Stark, drug advertising, marketing, and manufacturing regulations, medical device regulations, and HIPAA.
- Prosecuted some of largest health care fraud cases in history.
- Very familiar with laws affecting dietary supplements, including marketing and distribution regulations and guidelines.
- Successful experience representing health care professionals before licensing and certification boards.
- Worked for years with attorneys and officials at Food and Drug Administration and Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General. Maintain extensive high level contacts at these agencies.
- Experience applicable to compliance activities, in addition to addressing government attention or activities and civil litigation.